Here is a brief diversion from our spring training coverage. The signs of Red Sox fandom in some type of reverse, countdown order:
12. For evermore, February 14th is referred to as Hearts and Flowers Day.
11. Letting the other teams take all the Yankee players in your fantasy baseball drafts.
10. Having in your CD collection/on your Ipod both the Bronson Arroyo AND Peter Gammons CD's.
9. Filling an entire section of your bookcase (if not the entire bookcase) with Red Sox themed items.
8. You own more than one article of clothing with a Red Sox logo. Hats, shirts, necktie, underwear, etc.
7. In any March or April (or earlier) if you are asked to make any family or business commitment for mid to late October, decline. That is Red Sox playoffs and World Series time.
6. You have taken (or hope to take someday) a road trip to see all of the Red Sox minor league affiliates play in their home ballparks.
5. Never, never, ever watch any Red Sox game on TV with the digital volume set at 13!
4. Depending on your age (and despite of your age), you can perfectly mimic the batting stance and/or at bat routine of Yaz, Dewey, Nomar, or Big Papi.
3. You hope that Fenway Park will last forever, until you are trying to squeeze your ass into a circa 1912 seat.
2. If you are over the age of 18 (maybe 14 or 15, if you were raised properly) you remember where you were, who you were with, and what you felt on the night of October 27, 2004.
1. You are a Red Sox fan because no matter what happens...curse reversing World Series titles, Grady Little, Bucky F. Dent, or 69 win seasons....you care.