Looks like there is not much going on in Red Sox Nation since last weeks cooler...except for perhaps the biggest trade in team history. Let's see what is on ice this week, a smaller cooler as school returns tomorrow morning. Which coincides perfectly with a West Coast trip.
- I think I have found the perfect last name in the form of a Pirates Beat Writer, Rob Biertempfel who writes for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Only way it gets better is if it were actually spelled Beer Temple. Anyways, I'll drink to that!
- With the Republican National Convention in full swing, you have to go to reputable news sources to get these tidbits. Can't wait for the DNC next week. Ann Romney, Republican Base
1. Looks like the kids will play from here on out. Tonight's line-up features Lavarnway, Kalish, and Iglesias, also a continued dose of Pedro Ciriaco. A great opportunity for the Sox to see what we got to work with for 2013. Which is important because in order to improve with our new found financial flexibility we need to know what pieces we can move as the next 2 free agent markets look bleak. Now if we could only get Salty super glued to the bench! Literally, 30 seconds after I wrote this Salty goes yard, cue it up Brandon
2. More love for the kids comes in the form of Franklin Morales making a trip to the DL with a tired shoulder. I feel like my own right shoulder has been tired all summer, guess I should call in sick to the first day of school tomorrow. Anyways, Morales DLing opens the way for Zach Stewart to make his Sox debut tomorrow night. Hopefully, this key piece to the Youkilis trade will pay dividends.
3. Thanks for the memories to Josh Beckett...I'd write the same for you Nick Punto, Carl Crawford, and Adrian Gonzalez but I don't have any. "Kid Heat" as apparently Beckett was known as when he was younger, certainly not the last 2 years, was an integral part of the 2007 World Series Champs. So for that I give great thanks. Your welcome for the Fallout Boy clip!
4. Welcome back to Boston, Dice-K Mania! Just as the Japanese sensations big league career began Matsuzaka threw a gem against the Kansas City Royals yesterday. If Daisuke pitches that way for the remainder of the season, is there a chance that the Sox bring him back next year? Probably not, he'll end up in Fenway West playing for the Dodgers, again to loud applause from Red Sox Nation.
5. Watching NESN tonight, where the hell is Jenny? Naoko Funayama just does not cut it. First of all she is terrible, secondly she is terrible to look at, and lastly she sounds like a brand new 54" LED Flat Screen. "Get the new Naoko by Funayama only at Bob's for a new low price of $599. If the Sox win 75 games in 2012 you can also get my Bob-O-Pedic for $399." The answer as Jenny tweets, required to take a week off by NESN and will miss the entire West Coast swing. F-U NESN!
6. Sox Fans, Playoff Tickets went on sale today...for the PawSox! The kids will play at McCoy next Wednesday and Thursday. Great deals too, Group Playoff Packs of 20 General Admission or 10 Box tickets for $100 and a free Daniel Bard Bobblehead! Also Mauro Gomez has been named the IL MVP! Sox 1B 2013?
Until next week, I promise there will be a chaser including another Fenway trip memory, Go Sox!